Saturday, April 25, 2009

4/25/09 today shaping up to produce tornadoes

I might chase today locally but I can't range as far I was planning. Stormchasers have been looking towards the sky for 4/25-26 as a potential tornado producing days. Unfortunetly the target is a little too far West for me to get to the airport to meet my son at 10:00am on 4/26. We had set up this meeting a few weeks ago and wouldn't you know it would happen to land on this weekend. Medium risk with an elevated chance of tornadoes in Western Kansas to the near the Panhandle of OK and TX. The two chasers I should have been with are now way past Wichita. Right now (11:00 am ) targets range from Still SW Kansas or extreme NW Oklahoma and near Texas including Beaver, OK to Liberal, KS, or maybe slightly north of there, Woodward and Fairview in NW OK north to Protection and Medicine Lodge in SW KS, Dodge City, SHAMROCK, TX to Clinton, OK, Canadian, TX and Woodward/Alva OK.

No comments: