Monday, June 25, 2007

the word " satori" -what is means why I use it

"Satori " is the Japanese word for "the sudden enlightenment" the "aha" you get. This word relates to the "serendipitous" feeling you get in your mind when you come up with a creative idea, invent something, discover something that you have been pondering, see something neat etc.

It is said that an old Greek guy Archimedes is most famous for this feeling. He was trying to figure out whether a cup of supposed gold was really gold instead of tin or some other metal because well it would not be worth as much if it was not gold. A scientist at heart, he pondered and incubated about this idea. When he sat in a tub, he saw the water "rise" and got the idea (related to specific gravity of water) and solving the problem. He supposedly ran through the streets (naked?) saying "Eureka!" (I have discovered found it.)

When I was coming up with name for my first storm website, the blog and my astronomy website, part of title "Satori " was a word I had to include. I have done a lot of work with creativity and teaching and this word was a natural for me. I am always looking for ideas, creating new things, activities, websites and blog stuff and more.

Most importantly "satori " relates to (what I feel ) , the discovery of something new and insightful that I or others visually, see and/or hear even smell or a whole range of sensations when you see a beautiful storm, tornado, astronomical object (naked eye or binocular or telescope) or event (like total solar eclipses that are just amazing).
__________________
Dr. Eric Flescher(kcstormguy@aol.com),Olathe, KS
Storm Satori Bloghttp://stormsatori.blogspot.com/
E.O.A.S.(Earth,Oceans, Atmosphere & Space)Blog
http://eoas-dreric1kansas.blogspot.com/

No comments: